- Microsoft .NET 4.6 or later. This article will help you work out what .NET version you have installed. If you discover that you need to install it, google for '.NET download'.
- Update for Visual C++ 2013 and Visual C++ Redistributable Package (listed in Programs and Features) - please install BOTH of these - vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe
- Kappris.x64.2.n.n.xxxxx.msi or Kappris.x86.2.n.n.xxxxx.msi depending on your operating system. The latest version is always available here.
- A shared network folder where all users have read/write access (this can be adjusted post roll-out) for the central configuration. Your license file should be saved there when you receive it.
- If this is the first time you are installing the single "fat" Kappris MSI incorporating both the Kappris and Kappris Extensions installers then you should ensure you've run the uninstallers for both Kappris and Kappris Extensions before attempting to install the single Kappris msi.
- If you are using Windows 11 21H2 then you will need optional update KB5017383 in order for Kappris to function correctly. See information here on how to obtain this update. Versions 22H2 and later do not require this.
Manual (Interactive) Installation
From an administrative command prompt:
- Follow the instructions here to clean up and ensure an error free install.
- Change directory to the folder containing the installer msi and run the command below substituting the correct name of the installer msi and the path to the central share:
msiexec /i Kappris.msi KAPPRIS_CONFIG_FOLDER=\\server1\kappris\live
Choose the options as required.
WARNING—do not attempt an unattended installation until you're certain that you can install interactively without the appearance of any Windows Security/UAC dialogs.
- Install the Kutana driver signing certificate
- Specify the options required during the installation
Download this file: kutana.cer and use the certutil command to put the certificate in the Trusted Publishers store on that machine:
certutil -addstore TrustedPublisher Kutana.cer
Alternatively you could create a Group Policy to push the certificate out from your Group Policy server to all machines matching certain criteria. This article contains further notes.
Other certificate deployment methods are described in this MS article
During a manual installation you will be presented with the options below shown here with their corresponding FEATURE name:
For an unattended installation you can specify the options required on the command line by using the
ADDLOCAL switch. This can be combined with
REMOVE if desired. The commands below would install everything APART from the DMS Support options:
msiexec /q /i Kappris.msi KAPPRIS_CONFIG_FOLDER=\\server1\kappris\live ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE="FEATURE_DMSSupport"
These commands would install Kappris Core, all Office components and NetDocuments workflow integration:
msiexec /q /i Kappris.msi KAPPRIS_CONFIG_FOLDER=\\server1\kappris\live ADDLOCAL="FEATURE_Core,FEATURE_Office,FEATURE_NetDocuments"
/q Quiet or silent installation with no dialog prompts.
/l Log installation messages and events (
/l*vx means log everything, extra verbose). Follow this switch with a space and then the name of an output text file to receive the UNICODE text log.
/i switch means install from the msi file whose name follows the switch.
msiexec /q /l*v logfile.txt /i Kappris.msi KAPPRIS_CONFIG_FOLDER=\\server1\kappris\live ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE="FEATURE_DMSSupport"
For versions prior to Kappris V18.104.22.16803 - see the page here