Instead of having a fixed path to an ini file in a merge code, we can use different paths based on an entry in the users config.ini file or in the registry.
- the ini file we want is called MyIniFile.ini;
- the ini file is in \\ServerA\Kappris\Settings
- the key we are looking up is Department
- the key is in section [<Username>]
Here are the steps to do it.
- Edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Kutana\Kappris\config.ini
- Add a new section: IniFiles
- Add a new key in this section: PrintServerPath=\\ServerA\Kappris\Settings
- Save config.ini
- Run KPMgr
- Create a new merge code PrintServerPath and set it up as follows:
7. Create another new merge code Department and set it up as follows:
8. That's it. You don't have to use Kappris's config.ini if you don't want to. The ini file location could be picked up from a registry entry populated by group policy. The world is your oyster.